I. OVERALL PURPOSE
Our Compliance Auditor processes verifications and reviews applicant and resident files to ensure income qualification for any of our Low Income Housing Tax Credit units. They are an integral part of the team dedicated to ensuring the communities meet the compliance standards set by the Internal Revenue Service, Arizona Department of Housing and Trinity Management Company. The ideal candidate will be a team-player with a background in administrative and software experience with the desire to learn the apartment industry and work both independently and as part of a team.
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify Income and Assets.
- Update web-based software with updated resident data.
- Review and approve move in files.
- Review and approve recertification files.
- Maintain Compliance Department files.
- Create and / or maintain department spreadsheets.
- Create and / or maintain department forms as needed.
- Assist in the process development to make department more streamlined and efficient.
- Attend annual Compliance training.
- Assist with various Compliance projects as necessary.
- Assist with On-Site Team trainings.
- Travel to properties as required for audits.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside of the box.
- Be comfortable in making decisions.
III. ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to effectively work on a team and contribute to team goals.
- Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with properties and coworkers.
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation is required
- Flexibility in work schedule so that any overtime that is needed can be executed with little to no notice.
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; excellent communication skills including ability to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to prioritize and manage multiple work projects; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; ability to favorably represent the company; excellent leadership, two-way communication, judgment, creativity, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities.
This position pays $16.00- $17.00 an hour
Experience: Minimum of (4) four years of experience in administrative duties. Software experience and great typing skills a must. Professional writing skills will give preference.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Trinity Management Company