The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a Warehouse Picker to perform a variety of routine to moderately difficult responsible and specialized administrative and program-related duties in support of the Food Bank's operations; including safe, timely, and accurate receipt of items ordered and placed in specified areas of the warehouse.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
Under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Pickers primary responsibilities and duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Ensure that the first in and first out method is applied to all products
- Organize the cooler/freezer by consolidating pallets and sorting product
- Help unload delivery trucks
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse
- Receive donations and deliveries
- Resolve stock as needed
- Dispose of trash, boxes and pallets; ensures security of storage areas
- Moves case product from the inbound dock to storage locations in the warehouse using a standing reach truck or stock piler
- Moves pallets and/or cases from reverse location to pick location; remove empty cartons from picking locations
- Select products and quantities as directed by RF scanner and stack to pallets
- Operate forklifts, trucks, and other equipment utilized in the storage and delivery of food supplies’
- Build pallets and deliver to designated area for shipping
- Perform cycle counts, as needed
- Perform monthly/quarterly inventory, as needed
- Provide back-up support as a driver for pick-ups and deliveries, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate has:
- Education/Training: graduation from high school or high school diploma; and at one year of warehouse experience in the food service/warehouse operations/inventory management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid California driver’s license
- Bilingual, a plus
- Forklift Certified, Certified Forklift Trainer, preferred
- General math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc.
- Distribution centers; Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plus
- WMS Technology
- Warehouse safety rules and requirements
- Operate a computer and standard business software, as well as inventory tracking software.
- Accurately and efficiently carry out inventory control practices and procedures.
- Manage several priorities at once.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and others.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification, as needed, through company provided training. .
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday - Friday from 6:00a - 3:00p pm with an hour unpaid break.
- This position occasionally requires overtime and weekend shifts
This is a full-time, hourly position and pay range is $15.88 to $17.64/hr. The compensation package includes an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching up to 3%; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jcâ€‹). Submissions missing a resume will not be considered for the position.
This is a non-management position
This is a regular full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs