Develop your career as a Collections Helper at Compost Crew
If you’re committed to safety, service and teamwork, talk to us! As a Compost Crew Collections Helper you’ll enjoy a great quality of work life and a chance to thrive for the long-term. Join our high-growth organics recycling company.
What we offer
- Starting pay $17.05/hr
- Overtime eligibility
- Regular full-time hours Mon-Fri.
- Weekend work opportunities
- Local schedule with no overnight travel
- Paid training & learning
- Respectful, professional work environment
- Well-maintained trucks
- Top-tier medical benefits
- Dental, vision and life/ADD insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Company uniforms
- Safety shoe reimbursement benefit
- Employee discount
- Enthusiastic customers
- Pride - you’ll do work that makes a difference in our environment and community
- Fast-growing, stable company
Does this describe you?
High school diploma or GED
At least 18 years old
- Ability to reliably meet position’s schedule requirements of 4 am to 6 am start time, with day ending 12 pm - 4 pm
- Ability to commute to 7800 Penn Western Ct, Upper Marlboro, MD -- public transportation and rideshare services are not available
Ability to lift up to 60 pounds up to 200 times per day & get in/out of vehicle up to 400 times per day
Diligent adherence to safety standards/practices
Ability to use navigation tools, including maps and GPS systems
Attention to detail/accuracy in meeting quality standards in areas such as record-keeping and cleaning
Customer service skills, including coordination, communication and problem-solving
United States employment authorization
Compost Crew Company Profile
Compost Crew, a locally owned business based in Rockville, MD, is a high growth organics recycling company. We have a national reputation for innovation and excellence. We were founded with the objective of rescuing unwanted food scraps from the landfill, helping to retain valuable nutrients by converting the food scraps into a rich soil amendment – compost. The company has grown to serve thousands of homes, businesses, communities and governments throughout Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, and composted tens of millions of pounds of organic material. In our region, we’re the industry leader. This year, we’ll save almost 20 million pounds of food scraps from going into landfills and we’ll serve over 10,000 customers in diversified commercial, residential and municipal sectors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs