Ruiz Asset Management Company Tucson, AZ
Salary $130,000 - $150,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Controller-Property Management and Investments:
We are seeking a results-driven Controller to oversee our financial accounting operations for our Real Estate Property Management Division. The right person for this role will be one whose expertise translates into optimized financial accounting operations and increased profitability through cost control having recent relevant experience in a similar role.
Reporting to the President and CEO and the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the Financial Accounting department and will manage the Company’s ongoing compliance, budget / actual and internal management reporting functions.
The Controller ensures the accurate, timely and efficient delivery of financial information to the Management team. The position will report directly to the President and to the CFO and will be highly visible. We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is a self-thinker and motivator. This candidate should demonstrate management qualities and solid Property Management accounting experience. Additionally, this individual must be able to work under specific timelines and be able to delegate and distribute work throughout the accounting department. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-performing management team and be an integral part of a family-owned company poised for significant growth.
- Assist in the implantation of the company's future direction and support tactical initiatives
- Supervise and provide direction to employees who work directly under the Controller.
- Oversees payroll and assist AR/AP functions as needed
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate all audit/review/tax preparation activity
- Oversee and be responsible the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements
- Lead the preparation of timely and accurate reporting to Management
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and analyses of budget and financial forecasts and report variances including monthly cash flow projections
- Proactively highlight any trends that require attention and work with the Property Management team to implement corrective actions and/or improvements
- Coordinate banking relations
II. Accounting and Controls:
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage the accounting department
- Assist the Human Resource department in the oversight of employee benefit plans
III. Financial Information:
- Issue timely and complete financial statements within 5 days of the applicable period end
- Report monthly financial results to the company management team
IV. Risk Management:
- Understand the key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor legal issues affecting the industry and the company
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of partnership agreements, auditors, and agencies
- Report risk issues to the management team
- Investigate any findings of the Company’s external auditors and assist in the implementation of recommendations
V. Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 7 to 1O years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Preference given to those with recent multi-family housing property management experience and financial controls
- CPA designation and/or MBA is preferred
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Leadership experience overseeing financial and accounting teams
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and balance projects and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate successful performance record for the annual budgeting and planning process
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with Real Property Management Financial software such as Yardi Voyager 7
- Understanding of US GAAP
VI. Personal Characteristics:
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Analytic thinker with ability to investigate and solve problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to link business issues, accounting concepts, financial results and strategy
Please, no calls to Ruiz Asset Management Company.
We participate in the e-verify program
This is a management position
This is a full time position