Thornberry Creek at Oneida is located in Oneida, WI. Nestled atop one of the highest peaks in Brown County and located just outside of Green Bay, Thornberry Creek at Oneida offers 27 holes of championship golf at its finest. An abundance of vistas and amenities will excite golfers and guests of all ages and abilities.
The two golf courses – both designed by Rick Jacobson – feature bent grass tees, fairways, and greens, and the varied landscape gives golfers a unique experience from hole to hole, from a forested “Northwoods” type setting at the start and finish of the Legends Course, to the prairie or meadow type environment in the middle holes as you play your way through one of Green Bay’s most prestigious neighborhoods.
Other amenities of the facility include a spacious and comfortable Sports Pub & Grill, meeting rooms, and several banquet facilities including The Hawks Crest ballroom that can be configured in multiple layouts, from an intimate space for groups under 50 to an extravagant ballroom for up to 300 guests. The adjoining Cupola Room features incredible views of the surrounding area and serves as a great space for a ceremony. Additional information can be found at: www.golfthornberry.com.
The Head Golf Pro is instrumental in developing and/or implementing strategies, golf events and golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace. The Head Golf Pro oversees all golf shop and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. Additionally, he/she is accountable for achieving budgeted financial goals relative to the operations for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to the golf shop and outside services groups.
- Plan and schedule work duties of department personnel. Monitor performance to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved. Keep overtime hours to a minimum.
- Oversee daily operating activities including opening, closing and securing the golf shop and storage buildings; managing daily cash flow to ensure cash/credit card charges balance with sales receipts; monitoring staff interaction with guests to ensure proper customer service; maintaining clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays; ensuring that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained to applicable appearance standards;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances.
- Oversee merchandising operations including purchasing, ensuring that merchandise orders are recorded with proper quantities and prices and participating in monthly inventories. Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise, participate in selling merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Design and implement sales incentive programs for golf shop staff. Monitor results and recommend modifications to achieve budgeted retail sales goals.
- Track types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner. Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Ensure all phone calls are handled before the third ring.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Work with events team to schedule and execute tournaments and group outings.
- Ensure that ancillary services including, but not limited to, the handicapping system, guest programs and driving range facilities are efficiently organized and meet customer needs.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies. Participate in due-diligence site visits and provide market analysis for various projects, when requested.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary reports.
- Develop expertise in the EZ Suite golf management system and ensure that all staffers are property trained in the system and collection of customer data.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA Class A credentials
- Min 3 years management experience, preferably in the golf or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management and staff management. Retailing, marketing, and/or sales and customer service, guest relations experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Golf shop staff, outside services, starters, player assistants
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Thornberry Creek at Oneida