This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase food and beverage, special events booking (to include weddings, corporate and non-profit events) and creative internal events to maximize revenues and promote a positive image of the facility. Responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including digital marketing, social media management, direct and/or telephone sales, advertising, special event promotions, public relations, trade shows, industry-related networking, website management, etc. Responsibilities also include conducting periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the Company’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales, marketing, promotions and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase event bookings, increase food and beverage revenue, increase golf rounds, promote a positive Company image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Build relationships with event planners, wedding vendors, civic organizations, etc. to promote group outings, special events, and tournament play.
- Develop, create and organize group golf outings, creative internal events/programming and tournaments to increase foot traffic and overall revenue for the property. Manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination and flawless execution of activities. Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees, customers and outside contacts as applicable. Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve customer service and/or operational efficiencies.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and event industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- 2 years applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the event industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of strategic planning, customer service, marketing, sales, public relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Give verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve information from technical sources
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
May supervise telemarketing and/or direct sales staff
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
General office machines such as typewriters, personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc. VDT glare screen and wrist rest. Golf clubs, golf cars.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Thornberry Creek at Oneida