The Executive Chef hires, trains and directs the kitchen team members and operations related to servicing all kitchen related activities in order to ensure successful functions and repeat business. Identify and create menus to guarantee Thornberry Creek at Oneida (TCO) guest satisfaction. The Executive Chef is responsible and accountable for the daily operations of the kitchen in order to best lavish our guests with first-class food and service while pursuing every means of operating economy.
- Lead by example.
- Plans and organizes the daily activities of the kitchen, including menu planning, product utilization, scheduling and establishment of production, purchasing and cleaning lists.
- Operate the kitchen in a manner conforming and exceeding local health department standards.
- Monitor service and teamwork on a regular basis and coaching daily.
- The executive chef will strive to provide a safe, clean and enjoyable working environment for the food and service team members.
- Ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Controls food costs properly by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients used for banquets and ensures the data is accurately entered into the TCO’s inventory system.
- Responsible for the safety and sanitation of all food items and conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering supplies
- Assist with budgets on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Culinary certification or degree, from accredited school, is required or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of banquet preparation.
- At least two years experience in either an executive chef/ kitchen manager position in a facility with a full service banquet and a full service restaurant.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must have knowledge of food operations including food cost and payroll budgets.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local health and safety regulations.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
- Proven capabilities to lead and manage people and processes in dynamic and changing environment
- Be able to provide direction and drive key initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Have the ability to calculate food costs, menu pricing, discounts, percentages, inventory, labor standards and volume.
This is a full time position