The First Assist Golf Pro assists the Director of Golf and other golf management in all aspects of the golf operation.
- Work with golf staff members to develop and maintain an outstanding facility.
- Assist with the supervision of inside & outside service Team Members.
- Assist Director of Golf with scheduling outside service Team Members.
- Assist with the interviewing and training of outside service Team Members.
- Assist Director of Golf with tee sheet operation.
- Assist Director of Golf with golf outing preparation.
- Assist Director of Golf with running of leagues and junior programs.
- Complete golf league check-ins.
- Collaborates with golf course league representatives to ensure a good working relationship.
- Calculate league results.
- Strong knowledge of golf product use, functionality, and quality, as well as apparel to assist customers with selection of equipment and supplies to improve their quality of play.
- Assist in managing the Golf Shop including:
- Opening and/or closing procedures.
- Provide input on the selection, purchase, display, and inventory controls of golf shop merchandise.
- Monitor the quantity of goods and materials on stock and establishes reorder standards.
- Managing the club and equipment repair program.
- Scheduling and training of Golf Shop Team Members as directed by the Director of Golf.
- Monitor and maintain course inventory including maintenance of and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinate physical monthly inventory.
- Supervise and manage the total golf operation in a professional efficient manner in accordance with course and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct lessons for course guests, teaching the etiquette and game of golf to players of all ages.
- Ensure completion of daily reports of all transactions and ensures funds collected are properly handled.
- Complies with Accounting Department’s guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Complete cash transactions on the register as provided in the cash handling procedures.
- Communicates verbally as well as in writing to customers on a daily basis to satisfy guest complaints and questions to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Receive and record necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions for the golf course.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard Property cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years in golf course experience in supervisory capacity.
- Minimum of Level 2 or higher in PGA PGM program and be a member in good standing.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a liquor license within 30 days of employment.
- PGA member is preferred.
- Expert level of knowledge in golf course rules and etiquette.
- Strong customer service personality and business philosophy.
This is a seasonal position
Visit Careers at Thornberry Creek at Oneida