IT Workforce Admissions / Recruiting Coordinator
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology.
- Location: Supports Classes In Wilmington DE & Philadelphia PA
- Tech Impact - Headquarters Philadelphia PA
- Full-Time Permanent Position
- Although this position will remain open until filled, priority consideration and review of candidates' materials will begin on February 26, 2025.
- Salary Range - $45,000 to $49,000
- Our Website: https://www.techimpact.org/
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of its medical benefits and providing you with a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off - 15 days accrued the first year and 10 Paid Holidays.
The Admissions / Recruiting Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the initial contact with applicants interested in local IT training programs. Their role and responsibility is to develop, manage, and support student recruitment efforts based on enrollment goals and strategies. This position will include working with prospective participants to gauge their suitability in working with Tech Impact’s and intermediary’s programs that will help them to be trained to develop skills they will need while employed. The Admissions / Recruiting Coordinator will work to support our programs and students as they make meaningful career changes.
- Executes outreach, recruitment, screening, and onboarding for our workforce programming.
- Build long-term relationships with partners and act as a central point person to handle program interest, applications, candidate screening/assessment, and enrollment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes recruiting requirements and completes quarterly recruitment plan aligned with organization plans and objectives.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Work with Tech Impact’s marketing staff to ensure correct messaging and timing and evaluate effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Lead recruitment of qualified applicants for local and regional IT training programs—internal and external.
- Coordinate orientations and events, including preparation of materials, collateral content and equipment.
- Seek out and attend job fair and recruitment events.
- Respond to applicant interest inquiries via email and phone, complete initial contact, schedule group interviews, and maintain communication with applicants through completion.
- Assist students with onboarding into appropriate programs and creating referrals to external programs as appropriate.
Organization and Program Support
- Assess applicant qualification, including administering technical assessments, TABE tests, and/or others as appropriate.
- Collect and track appropriate qualification documentation for application.
- Maintaining knowledge of and providing support for staff regarding grant reporting and outcomes.
- Ensure accurate and timely program data entry and reporting using various database systems.
Knowledge Skills Preferred
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Program, Marketing, and Fundraising teams; possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission. Also, be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-focused, energetic, and results-oriented. The candidate must be willing to maintain flexibility in their schedule, as occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and public speaking skills are required.
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles related to Tech Impact programming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working well in diverse economic and multicultural communities and environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with databases, is required.
- 1-3 years of outreach and relationship development experience (with clients, volunteers, employers etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience working at a nonprofit is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Essential Skills for Success in Position
- Strong administration skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Passion about the job.
- Professional demeanor with a little sense of humor.
We strive each day to broaden our reach to ensure that all nonprofits, no matter what size or mission, can use technology to make our world a better place. We are a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operate an award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, or disability.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and use a computer and other office-related equipment.
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs