- The Setai.
Arrive at a place that embraces you in its serenity. That whispers with an unmistakable imprint of grace and timelessness. That is a melding of inspiration and location.
The Setai offers a refreshing balance between the sizzling South Beach scene and a serene tropical hideaway. The luxurious oceanfront environment combines the Asian traditions of simplicity and elegance with the Art Deco history of South Beach to create an intimate, private world coveted by discerning travelers.
A melding of inspiration and setting, The Setai embraces in its serenity while connecting guests with what has always been the area’s greatest attraction: the beach, the sun, the culture, and the nightlife.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience as an Executive Sous Chef- Chef in a private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort.
- Functional Expertise:
- Excellent Japanese cooking experience, managing and demonstration skills
- Solid progression through the Chef ranks
- Has the ability to taste all menu items to assure correct preparation
- Experience with high volume fine dining restaurants
- Must have excellent knowledge of culinary production and presentation
- Must have strong knowledge of:
- Modern Japanese / Asian/ Sushi plated items
- Classic Japanese / Asian / Sushi items
- Artistic knowledge of work with Japanese / Asian Cuisine
- Expert with Japanese sea food imports
- Ability to train others on the principles and formulas concerning Japanese and Asian cuisine
- Experience with very busy Asian Kitchen operations and presentations
- Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
- Track record of successfully managing food cost and inventory control
- Establish and maintain proper inventories
- Excellent knowledge of Public Health regulations and HACCP.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at The Setai