Arrive at a place that embraces you in its serenity. That whispers with an unmistakable imprint of grace and timelessness. That is a melding of inspiration and location.
The Setai offers a refreshing balance between the sizzling South Beach scene and a serene tropical hideaway. The luxurious oceanfront environment combines the Asian traditions of simplicity and elegance with the Art Deco history of South Beach to create an intimate, private world coveted by discerning travelers.
A melding of inspiration and setting, The Setai embraces in its serenity while connecting guests with what has always been the area's greatest attraction: the beach, the sun, the culture, and the nightlife.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides personalized service to guests and residents and responds to all guest requests, in a manner that is efficient, friendly, courteous, and informative, meeting The Setai’s exemplary levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exemplifies our commitment to The Setai’s mission of Total Guest Satisfaction
- Maintains positive guest relations at all times; anticipates guests’ needs, responds promptly;, and works in conjunction with all Front Office staff to deliver consistently and sought after guest experiences that meet the style of The Setai
- Greets all guests cordially using their name when possible
- Responds to guests’ requests for information concerning dining, shows, tours, spas, sporting events, entertainment, shopping, transportation, and any other areas to ensure the guests have a memorable experience
- Maintains familiarity with all restaurants, theaters, clubs, spas, stores, etc. as to best advise guests
- Establishes and maintains contacts with local businesses so as to quickly and efficiently assist guests
- Makes reservations for guests; confirms bookings as needed
- Arranges transportation for guests as needed
- Coordinates with the proper departments to meet guests’ needs
- Provides both local and international newspapers to guests
- Arranges for bicycles as requested by guests
- Handles all guest shipments
- Reviews guest logs frequently, remains aware of all VIPs and other especially noted guests for any specific in house needs
- Resolves and addresses guest concerns and issues proactively and with grace and diplomacy; and assists others to do the same
- Ensures Concierge area is clean and tidy; promptly reports any maintenance issues
- Ensures that billing is accurate for all guests
- Completes shift checklist
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of hospitality principles and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hotel facilities, local restaurants, spas, entertainment venues, shows, tours, shopping, etc.
- Experience working with high profile guests with discriminating expectations
- Reputation for handling situations and confidential information discretely, projecting a positive, professional, and supportive outward image, and exercising good judgment for the position
- Good computing skills demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook) and web searches
- Ability to review information in a factual and neutral manner, analyze data and prepare reports and documents in a timely manner
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Fluency in two or more languages is preferred
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position