Arrive at a place that embraces you in its serenity. That whispers with an unmistakable imprint of grace and timelessness. That is a melding of inspiration and location.
The Setai offers a refreshing balance between the sizzling South Beach scene and a serene tropical hideaway. The luxurious oceanfront environment combines the Asian traditions of simplicity and elegance with the Art Deco history of South Beach to create an intimate, private world coveted by discerning travelers.
A melding of inspiration and setting, The Setai embraces in its serenity while connecting guests with what has always been the area's greatest attraction: the beach, the sun, the culture, and the nightlife.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exemplifies commitment to The Setai’s mission of Total Guest Satisfaction
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and warm hospitality to all guests
- Takes guests’ beverage orders, upsells when appropriate, prepares and serves beverages according to standard operating procedures
- Makes food and beverage recommendations when requested based on detailed knowledge of the food and beverage menus
- Intelligently answers guests’ questions concerning ingredients, preparation methods, etc.
- Prepares and maintains fresh bar fruits and condiments
- Ensures that the bar area is cleaned after each guest leaves and properly set for each new guest
- Ensures that the bar storage area is kept clean and neat
- Takes inventory of chinaware, glassware, and flatware before and after each shift
- Cleans and polishes all chinaware, glassware, and flatware
- Takes inventory of bar stock as directed by bartender or manager
- Responsible for linen pick up and drop off
- Sets up coffee and tea station as required; prepares coffee and tea drinks
- Attends daily briefings, meetings, and training as required
- Reports to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent preferred; AND a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a barback or other position in a luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Compliance with attendance guidelines outlined in The Setai Employee Handbook
The Setai recognizes that employee benefits are an important component of your total compensation. We are pleased to offer a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees including many programs unique to our hotel.
What we offer:
Short Term Disability Insurance
Retirement plan - 401(k) program
Generous Paid Time Off Program
Jury Duty Pay
Food & Beverage Discounts
Employee Referral Program
Uniforms & Maintenance of Uniforms
Parking privileges are not offered with this position
The above is an example of the benefits offered at The Setai. Not all benefits are guaranteed and benefits are subject to change. A full listing of benefits will be provided upon hire as outlined in our employee handbook.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position