Our founding partners saw an unmet need with our common clients and projects: a scarcity of options for ethical, qualified and diversely skilled construction firms. Recognizing our shared values of commitment to our clients’ project goals in the building process, these founding colleagues merged their architecture and construction experience to form Ideate Design-Build, Inc.
Ideate Design-Build, maintaining both general contracting and architecture licenses in the State of California, embodies the positive symbiosis of general contracting and design professional services. We endeavor to offer a unique service to our clients: creative, effective and ethical service provided with predictable performance. We ideate the concept of providing service with integrity and collaboration, of respect and results, a fair and positive outcome for all parties to the process.
We are dedicated to candid communication, throughout the process, on all our project types. Providing information and exercising active listening better serves all our projects, whether it is reconstructive work within occupied spaces or providing clarity of a perspective during deposition. With candid communication we endeavor to minimize conflict during stressful projects, to better navigate a client’s ambitious goals and to complete our work to the satisfaction of all parties in the process.
What we do:
Ideate Design-Build is a team of educated and experienced industry professionals who specialize in HOA reconstruction projects. Our company has maintained a general contracting license since 1995 and its principal architect has been a California licensed architect since 2005.
Ideate is primarily focused on performing reconstruction work as necessitated by age, deferred maintenance, or construction defect within multi-family or commercial associations. The firm also performs single-family residential construction, tenant improvement work, assessment surveys and reports, prioritization analysis, construction cost estimating, and forensic services.
We are seeking a highly skilled Working Construction Superintendent, with excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, a commitment to safety, and the desire to provide a high level of customer service to our discerning clients.
- Produce an informal Job Hazard Assessment for the Construction Superintendent.
- Hold and record weekly safety meetings.
- Maintain a good understanding of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are sound and in good working order.
- Study scope of work documents prior to the project start date.
- Ensure that jurisdictional requirements are met on each project.
- Attend pre-con meetings scheduled by others.
- Review the scope of work with all construction personnel.
- Produce project reports, photos, and logs.
- Attend site meetings scheduled by others.
- Assist with generating material submittal sheets and related information.
- Generate project punch lists.
- Assist with growing and managing the subcontractor and vendor base.
- Participate in creating the preliminary project schedule.
- Report changes that impact the project schedule.
- Generate and update three-week outlook schedules on a weekly basis.
- Participate with project estimating and attend pre-con budget meetings.
- Collect weekly time sheets, purchase logs, and receipts.
- Report changes that impact project cost.
- Generate, distribute, and update construction notices.
- Communicate with project leads and jobsite personnel daily.
- Report issues that impact project safety, cost, and schedule.