The Administrative Assistant will assist with office and accounting functions that support both development and corporate accounting teams including, accounts payable, tracking preliminary notices, scanning/saving documents, and other office duties as directed by management.
- Assist project accountants by identifying discrepancies and entering job-related invoice
- Scan and index invoices to maintain digital and physical accounts payable record
- Match checks to invoices and obtain appropriate signatures
- File all W-9’s for subcontractors and 1099’s as required
- Monitor AP / AR Aging reports: follow up on outstanding items with project accountants to ensure timely action.
- Open, log, scan preliminary lien notices, and support the transition to a digital database
- Receive, disburse and track yearly tax payments for multiple entities
- Log and track yearly property tax payments for development parcels
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of GAAP required
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of Sage 300, Timberline, or QuickBooks a plus
- Over two (2) years of accounts payable experience or similar
- MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Must be able to prioritize projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent evaluation skills and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to take on new tasks
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
This position offers a competitive salary, generous benefits, growth opportunities, and community.