We come from many different backgrounds and levels of expertise – but to all of us, craft and functionality are equally important. We constantly learn and hone our skills and incorporate those experiences into every line of code. We don’t ship “fast” solutions – we ship the right ones for our customers. We’re also leaders that create quiet time to solve hard problems and the space to focus on the best result.
Our software engineering team is spread across our offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada; Austin, Texas; and Romsey, UK. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our super talented team of people, from experts in networking, machine learning, and applications to some of the pioneers of Wi-Fi itself. You might even get your name on a patent!
Our technology stack is carefully chosen to give our developers a great development experience – you’ll spend your time building quality software, not on repetitive tasks. We’ve built tools to ensure our code is consistently formatted, to release after commit, and to automate documentation; and we rely on a shared set of engineering principles when reviewing every line of code we write. Common technologies we use are:
- Mobile: Java (Android), Objective-C (iOS), C++ (cross-platform)
- Front-End: React, Angular 2+ (with Ionic/Cordova)
- Back-end: Node.js (with TypeScript), Go, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka
- Build & Deploy: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus
Come join us!
The QA Test Lead will manage task delivery of our products on time and with quality. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. The QA Test Lead will work closely with the development teams and help grow the test team. This position reports directly to the Director of QA.
The Test Team Lead will perform manual and automated testing on our products before they go live. Will also track, analyze and measure project progress to report inside the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define, execute, and maintain manual testing on products
- Automate a subset of the manual tests
- Communicate, manage and report bugs effectively; execute standard processes, achieve the appropriate fix
- Work with Director to set overall test team goals
- Participate in and monitor go/no go release meetings
- Track and monitor project progress
- Provide technical direction on projects to team
- Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports
- Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution
- Review and analyze test scripts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Telecom test experience is required
- Mobile device testing knowledge is required
- Automated test experience is required
- Agile test process knowledge.
- Good personality; ability to work with a diverse team under dynamic settings
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with technology and grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong planning and multi-tasking ability
- High level of professionalism, energy, and sense of urgency to make things happen
- Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment.