No time like the present to become a part of our success story! If you are motivated and have experience counseling families and children apply today.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the client and/or parent for purpose of pursuing treatment goals.
- Provide clinical service in the client's home or at the client's request, a location mutually agreed upon.
- Provide family therapy to families that have a SED child in their home.
- Be aware of and adhere to the Michigan Child Protection Law, especially as it relates to the mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse and/or neglect.
- Be aware and adhere to the Office of Recipient Rights reporting and conduct requirements.
- Protects the confidentiality for all consumers of the program consistent with the laws pertaining to confidentiality of the State of Michigan as well as Federal HIPAA laws.
- Acquire authorization for services in a timely and accurate manner in strict compliance with contractual requirements.
- Schedule psychiatric evaluations, medication review, psychological testing and therapeutic contracts. Participate in each of these sessions.
- Interview parents or legal guardian of the client to secure information concerning present concerns, developmental history and family background.
- Interview the client to further evaluate difficulties and assess strengths for purposes of diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Attend consultations with the clinical supervisor weekly or as determined by the needs of administration.
- Attend and participate in Individual Educational Planning sessions at the child's school.
- Attend team meetings and participate in peer case review as required.
- Network and become familiar with other local agencies, programs, etc., that might be of service to families during and after invention.
- Maintain a high level of ongoing communication with administration in all areas relating to client and staff related issues.
- Work effectively with other key departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Must have an active State of Michigan professional Master's level licensure; Limited License Master Social Worker (LLMSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Limited License Psychologist (LLP), Limited Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or any other State of Michigan Master's level professional license that can be reimbursed for counseling services via Medicaid billing processes.
- CPR Certified
- 3 years working with youth and families
Department: Behavior Health
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs