Currently looking for an experienced Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness Specialist that will support and influence a comprehensive and innovative clinical effectiveness program focused on clinical process redesign at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH). Interested candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quality Improvement Specialist in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
Responsibilities of the Manager Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness
- Accountable for leading multidisciplinary and multi-departmental strategic clinical effectiveness & quality initiatives.
- Creates thoughtful, integrated processes that involve key stakeholders. Creates, evaluates and critically examines processes, systems and methodologies to ensure maximum effectiveness and optimization.
- Demonstrates analytical and statistical ability to evaluate data, make judgments, and recommendations regarding quality & process improvement work, including, but not limited to resource utilization, physician practice patterns and clinical pathway effectiveness. Ensures quality and caliber of efforts to translate information needs into meaningful data displays.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills, and proven ability to interact effectively with constituents of the organization, including clinical staff, services chiefs and senior officers.
- Designs and develops dashboards and other innovative data visualization using business intelligence tools.
- Fosters and maintains collaborative working relationships within the hospital and clinics, the School of Medicine, medical and patient care staffs, and with external agencies and stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes and improve clinical performance. Serves as a liaison between Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness
- Team and partners, representing the department/Center at meetings, initiatives and on committees.
- Performs data analysis; creates and interprets data displays, including clinical, cost, and patient satisfaction data. Ensures the integrity of data being reported and utilized is accurate and valid.
- Performs, coordinates, and facilitates clinical effectiveness initiatives (incorporating quality improvement & patient safety sciences) to achieve organizational goals. Works collaboratively with the clinical leadership & teams.
- Provides consultative and analytic expertise to LPCH partners.
- Provides content knowledge in the interpretation, implementation, and maintenance of standards to match external requirements (e.g., The Joint Commission, CMS, Title 22).
- Provides expertise in understanding and using LPCH data models and systems, acts as a resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by the department.
- Provides leadership for creating culture of patient safety and works with various constituencies to ensure compliance to the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Researches and designs effective and innovative improvement and analytics strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders and clinical teams.
- Utilizes complex and multi-faceted approach to problem solving, integrating information from multiple sources, synthesizing information and developing comprehensive responses and assessment methodologies.
- Works collaboratively with quality & performance improvement teams to develop measures for monitoring and reporting clinical outcomes and process improvement.
- Works collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team of Quality & Patient Safety, Clinical Effectiveness & Analytics, Regulatory Compliance & Accreditation and Performance Improvement colleagues to ensure shared understanding and communication of important information.
Requirements of the Manager Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness
- Master's Degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quality Improvement Specialist in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft programs, Crystal Reports, Cogno's, Business Objects, and other applications and databases.
- Knowledge of advanced quantitative skills (advanced Excel, Access, statistical packages)
- Knowledge and ability to use decision support systems such as Access or other relational databases.
- Ability to use statistics to evaluate and interpret data, summarize results and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with improvement science pedagogies and methods.
- Ability to understand and use information technology to drive process changes.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position