Currently looking for an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner to fill a management opening for City of Hope's AccessHope program in Duarte, CA. This NP will be responsible for the successful clinical operation of a variety of Cancer Support Products contact management site managing both in an office and remote staff. The Clinical Operations Manager serves as the AccessHope subject matter expert as it relates to clinical narratives, creating clinical call notes, treatment plans, documenting the diagnosis, course of treatment, clinical outcomes, and other facets of care for oncology patients utilizing Employer Strategy services templates and methodologies. The candidate is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all activities that involve clinical work and its tracking, turn-around times and reporting. This role will be responsible for clinical administrative leadership, policy and procedure development, operational oversight, work flow process and training and support to clinical team
Responsibilities of the Clinical Operations Nurse Manager for AccessHope
- Responsible for overseeing all of the day-to-day activities for the medical portion of the organization and the clinical narrative team.
- Manage the clinical service, written work, ie. Clinical narratives, CRM information collection, as well as the general clinical management of the operations staff.
- Direct oversight of clinical employees and delegating work tasks throughout the department to ensure that the tasks are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with project managers, intake team, campus delegates for COE services and a cross sectional team of clinicians, physicians and lay people.
- The clinical operations manager communicates with customers or outside vendors as needed to discuss clinical needs/outcomes.
- Oversee all day-to-day clinical operations of the department; ensuring staff compliance with set standards; hiring, training, and scheduling employees; and managing the work throughput of contracts.
- The clinical operations manager is responsible for reviewing all internal policies and procedures to ensure complete compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Trains and develops all clinical skills through a variety of methods such as one-on-one training sessions, group meetings, role playing, email communication, certification process administration and progressive discipline.
- MSN/Master's in Nursing Degree Required.
- 5-7 years’ clinical hands on experience in an oncology clinical setting. Must be proficient in clinical narrative writing. Management experience, demonstrated ability to manage small to midsize staff and lead teams.
- Current CA NP license.
- Experience working with Hematology, GI or Women’s related cancers is preferred.
- Experience writing medical narratives or as a case manager is preferred.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position