Currently looking for an experienced Emergency Room Nursing Leader to fill the Emergency Room Nurse Manager opening with NYU Langone Health in New York City. The Nurse Manager provides and integrates clinical leadership and management of the Emergency Room on a twenty four hour basis, consistent with the philosophy and goals of NYU Langone Health.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager, Emergency Department
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the institution.
- Coordinates care delivery and assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operation and patient outcomes.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of all staff members.
- Encourages professional development of RNs along the clinical ladder.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired patient and staff outcomes.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial roles.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health professionals
- Establishes and maintains a unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the service and departmental program and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents and complaints.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent clinical patient outcomes.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research / evidence based practice efforts.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to the patient population served, assures staff awareness and knowledge of such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in assessment / evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice, shared decision making and collaboration with all members of the health care team;
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care delivery
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies.
- Identifies, investigates and proactively responds to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Manages the unit budget with consideration to appropriate staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient use of resources.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and professional work environment.
- Promotes patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Collects, analyzes and uses data to drive practice changes that integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers through effective communications.
- Effectively interacts with family and patients and resolves concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
Requirements of the Nurse Manager, Emergency Department
- BSN Required. Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Masters Degree in Nursing is required.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Nursing Leadership Experience in an Emergency Room/Department.
- Ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction and quality indicators.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position