Currently looking for an experienced Cardiology Nurse to fill an opening at the Advanced Heart Failure Clinic located at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital in the Greater Atlanta area. This is a fast paced outpatient clinic with an emphasis on patient education and treatment of symptoms in order to reduce readmissions. Qualified candidates must have at least 2 years' of cardiology nursing experience.
Responsibilities of the Heart Failure Center Nurse Clinician
- Conduct patient assessments
- Participate in the development of the plan of care
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and strong advocate for patients/families.
- Consistently communicates effectively and respectfully with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Documents the nursing process accurately and in the appropriate format (e.g. computer, clinical pathway, chart).
- Utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
- Evaluates patient's response to planned care and adjusts plan of care as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs and makes recommendations to resources regarding those needs.
- Orients staff or students as assigned in absence of designated preceptor. Utilizes resources in a responsible manner with a focus on cost containment.
- Recognizes needs and advocates for patient based on knowledge of condition. Has awareness of one's own values and how they effect interactions and relationships.
Requirements of the Heart Failure Center Nurse Clinician
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- BSN preferred but will accept a candidate with an ADN.
- Qualified candidate must have at least 2 years' cardiology nursing experience.
- Experience working with heart failure patients is preferred.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position