Currently looking for an experienced oncology pharmacy leader to fill the Director of Clinical Research Content opening at City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA. This position will be responsible for conducting oversight and administration of all work related to the creation, implementation and maintenance of ConnectHope Beacon protocols, treatment plans, and related Electronic Health Record (EHR) functionality under the jurisdiction of Research Operations.
Responsibilities of the Director, Clinical Research Content
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to the Clinical Research Content development team to ensure adherence to high-quality, standardized work practices, streamlined interdepartmental communication and effective collaboration with leadership and staff across multiple departments, including the Clinical Trials Office, Clinical Trials Support Services, Investigational Drug Services Administration and the EHR IT build teams. Incumbent must ensure alignment of work in conjunction with the OnCore Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) program goals, and must ensure efficient and effective integration between EHR and CTMS platforms.
- Oversee and participate in the development of clear, timely and comprehensive protocol-specific EHR content for all clinical research studies, including Beacon protocol content, Beaker lab content, Adverse Event note templates, Orders content, and additional EHR features that arise through upgrades.
- Provide department-specific support and accountability to ensure all research-related content in the EHR is accurate and up-to-date for both new and ongoing clinical research studies. This includes the establishment and maintenance of high-quality work standards and transparent workflows that support timely study activation and study amendment compliance.
- The Director will also, in collaboration with their direct supervisor as well as the Senior Vice President of Research Operations, establish departmental performance metrics to measure quality and productivity on behalf of their team and will be responsible for routine monitoring and reporting of this data to leadership.
- Day-to-day oversight of the Clinical Research Content Development team, delineation of roles, responsibilities and workloads within the team; policy development and maintenance; troubleshooting workflows, EHR content design (Beacon protocols and other Epic features), construction, validation, testing and optimization, study-content and/or technical challenges triage; and actively ensuring that all work product meets departmental expectations for both quality, compliance, and volume.
- The incumbent will ensure the Clinical Research Content workload is well integrated into the City of Hope study activation process effectively and without disruption to enterprise study activation timeline targets.
- The Director is responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all staff, including on-boarding new employees and the development and upkeep of all training curricula.
- This individual will also utilize their comprehensive knowledge of therapeutic clinical research studies to develop study-specific content for an apportioned workload as part of the team.
Requirements of the Director, Clinical Research Content
- PharmD Degree.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibilities as a pharmacist in Clinical Research related to clinical trials, or Pharmacist working in an academic environment, or equivalent combination of education and clinical research experience.
- Epic certification(s) – preferably Beacon, Research, and Willow.
- Epic Beacon Build Experience, preferably at least 1 year Familiarity with Epic and the delivery of care within the Epic environment Previous experience as a clinical research pharmacist preferred.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position