Currently looking for an experienced ICU Nursing Director for the opening at Sutter Health's Mills Peninsula Medical Center. The ICU Nursing Director will be responsible and accountable for the leadership in the defined scope of services within Mills Peninsula Health Services which span across the care continuum of the related clinical conditions requiring care and to promote health. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an ICU Nursing Director.
Responsibilities of the Director, Intensive Care Unit
- Directs clinical services to provide a comprehensive approach to achieve optimal results for clinical care and the customer experience.
- Develops operational goals and objectives for related clinical conditions in alignment with affiliate and corporate goals.
- Collaborates with medical staff and service line leadership to develop and implement plans for optimizing safe, timely, efficient, patient-centered care that is equitable and cost-effective.
- Ensures operational component of clinical and administrative performance improvement initiatives are aligned with medical staff goals and within operational budget.
- Directs managers regarding human resource management and ongoing recommendations based on changes in MPHS to ensure the recruitment, hiring, retention and maintenance of nursing staff to ensure sufficient number of staff on a daily basis in the defined scope of services.
- Ensures the development of standard staffing plans to meet operational demands including the ability to flex staffing up or down based on history and trends.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resource leadership and hiring managers to identify opportunities for improvement related to recruitment, retention and the hiring process. Ensures recommendations are implemented and improvements sustained.
- Ensures that professional standards are developed and maintained to provide evidence-based care that considers innovative approaches to care delivery and optimizes patient outcomes and experience.
- Responsible and accountable for specialty standards for nursing practice within the defined scope of service are available and current in accordance with organizational, as well as ensuring all areas in scope of services meet accreditation/regulatory requirements.
- Promotes inter-professional care and professional nursing practice within the scope of practice for nursing to ensure patient safety and experience in daily operations.
Requirements of the Director, Intensive Care Unit
- CA RN License
- 3-5 years of experience of progressive management experience in an acute care setting with demonstrated success in clinical and operational performance.
- Leadership strategies and administration of healthcare organizations; Budget and financial principles for managing operating and capital budget for personnel and materials/equipment; Customer experience principles; regulatory/accreditation standards (TJC, CMS, CDPH, etc.).
- Experience in the Neuro and Cardiac specialty areas is required.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position