Currently looking for an experienced Nursing Leader for the Neurosciences Progressive Unit Director opening with Ochsner Health System in New Orleans, LA. Interested candidates must have at least 3 years of clinical nursing experience and 1 year of experience in a hospital environment as a nurse manager or nurse supervisor.
Responsibilities of the Nursing Director - Neurosciences Progressive Unit
- This position assumes responsibility for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients in the Neurosciences Progressive Unit on a twenty four hour basis.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resource management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures, maintains open communication with all staff and administrative team to promote improvement in performance, assumes responsibility for the role of administrative supervisor as needed, and provides leadership and support to encourage the optimum development and performance of each staff member.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Nursing Officer, including participation in Interdepartmental and Extracurricular Activities.
Requirements of the Nursing Director - Neurosciences Progressive Unit
- Required - Registered Nurse Diploma
- Preferred - Master's degree in Nursing
- RN License in Louisiana
- At least 3 years of clinical nursing experience and 1 year of experience in a hospital environment as a nurse manager or nurse supervisor.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position