Currently looking for an experienced Nursing Leader for the Medical Surgical Unit Director opening with Ochsner Health System in New Orleans, LA. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience and one year of experience in a hospital as a nurse manager, nurse supervisor or charge nurse.
Responsibilities of the Medical Surgical Unit Director
- This position assumes responsibility for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients in the assigned department(s) on a twenty four hour basis; plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resource management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures, maintains open communication with all staff and administrative team to promote improvement in performance, assumes responsibility for the role of administrative supervisor as needed, and provides leadership and support to encourage the optimum development and performance of each staff member.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Nursing Officer, including participation in Interdepartmental and Extracurricular Activities.
Requirements of the Medical Surgical Unit Director
- Required - Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration or related field
- Preferred - Master’s degree.
- Current Louisiana RN License.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience and one year of experience in a hospital environment as a nurse manager, nurse supervisor or charge nurse.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position