Currently looking for an experienced Surgical Services Nursing Leader to fill the Director of Surgical Services opening at Beaumont Health's Grosse Point Hospital in the Greater Detroit area. The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for clinical and business operations within peri-operative services (includes pre-admission testing, pre and post-op, operating room, endoscopy, CPD, Anesthesia and pain services).
Responsibilities of the Director of Surgical Services
- Develops, operationalizes and maintains special programs to increase financial viability, improve quality / safety and enhance patient / staff satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the medical staff and hospital leadership, ensures a robust approach to directing and coordinating surgical services for Beaumont, Grosse Pointe.
- Proactively educates all surgical related departments regarding quality issues/priorities, new statutes/initiatives, and medical safety/PI activities.
- Develops long-range goals, annual objectives, and strategies for the Surgical Services department.
- Provides input into major capital expenses related to surgical services (e.g. surgical equipment).
- Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, CMS and joint commission requirements, and policies related to surgical services.
- Collaborates with clinical leadership to maintain the highest level of clinical quality.
Requirements of the Director of Surgical Services
- BSN required. Master's Degree required
- Five years progressive leadership experience in healthcare required, preferably in surgical services.
- Certification in CNOR and/or nurse executive within 1 year of hire.
- Management of multiple units in peri-operative services highly preferred.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position