Currently looking for an experienced Performance Improvement Director for an opening with Ochsner Health System in New Orleans, LA. Interested candidates must have a 5 years of Performance Improvement experience in an acute care setting including three years of healthcare leadership/management experience.
Responsibilities of the Director, Performance Improvement
- Assumes responsibility for the strategic and operational collaboration with medical staff, administration, and department leaders to identify, analyze, and trend clinical quality issues and collaborate to identify and implement successful solutions.
- Manages in partnership with Medical Staff and administrative leadership, the development of best practice order sets and operations standards and guides continuous accreditation compliance, including the education and training associated with this and other programs.
- Independently makes decisions that could affect Ochsner Health System’s financial objectives, performance objectives and strategic results.
- Develops and is accountable for the budget for departmental areas.
- Manages and continuously evaluates improvement in the performance of clinical processes as measured in the analysis and trending.
- Recruits and guides the development of content-expert staff.
- Researches, educates, and trains to enable cutting edge applications of best practice initiatives.
- Manages relevant departments efficiently by providing services within annual budget requirements.
- Supports hospital-based teams, committees, task forces, and other groups to achieve measured, clinical excellence objectives, by coordinating and supporting their efforts.
- Ensures that the physical environment, job structures, and technology infrastructures are designed to promote employee and patient safety.
Requirements of the Director, Performance Improvement
- Required - Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration or related field
- Preferred - Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of Performance Improvement experience in an acute care setting including three years of healthcare leadership/management experience.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position