Currently looking for an experienced Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness Specialist that will support and influence a comprehensive and innovative clinical effectiveness program focused on clinical process redesign at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH). Interested candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Improvement Specialist in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
Responsibilities of the Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness Specialist - Quality Improvement
- Create and manage analyses of administrative, clinical, financial and demographic data for use in data driven improvements by the Analytics and Clinical Effectiveness Department.
- The role will integrate project management and improvement methods to interpret analytic findings, communicate information to interdisciplinary teams and support clinical performance improvement work.
- This position will perform analysis, interpret results, develop summaries and generate effective and optimal visual display to inform and operationally support LPCH improvement initiatives and priorities.
- Additional functions include building complex data sets and utilization of those data to inform clinical and operational decision-making based on unnecessary variation, high utilization and patient outcomes.
- The role will identify opportunities for improvement via evidence-based practices, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements, and current performance in key clinical & financial outcomes.
Requirements of the Analytics & Clinical Effectiveness Specialist - Quality Improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in a work-related field/ discipline from an accredited college or university. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Improvement Specialist in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft programs, Crystal Reports, Cogno's, Business Objects, and other applications and databases.
- Knowledge of advanced quantitative skills (advanced Excel, Access, statistical packages)
- Knowledge and ability to use decision support systems such as Access or other relational databases.
- Ability to use statistics to evaluate and interpret data, summarize results and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with improvement science pedagogies and methods.
- Ability to understand and use information technology to drive process changes.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position