Currently looking for an experienced Emergency Department Nurse Manager for the opening with Penn State Health in Hershey, PA. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 3+ years of supervisory nursing experience in an Emergency Department.
Responsibilities of the Emergency Department Nurse Manager
- The RN Nurse Manager of the Adult Emergency Department is responsible for evaluating, providing and improving nursing services for patients through efficient and effective planning, directing, coordinating and controlling of material and human resources.
- The nurse manager participates in establishment and interpretation of philosophy, policies, objectives, procedures and lines of authority of hospital.
- Evaluates nursing service needs relative to the needs of patients.
- Maintains effective standards of patient and nursing care.
- Promotes the professional growth of all nursing service employees by providing opportunity for staff development programs, counseling and guidance program, opportunity for additional experience and encouraging advanced study.
- Selects candidates for vacant positions under his/her area/s of responsibility.
- Explains, interprets and enforces hospital standards and policies.
- Reviews performance requirements designated to each nursing position and update or make changes as necessary.
- Evaluates the work performance of the nursing employees under his/her direction.
Requirements of the Emergency Department Nurse Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
- 5 years of nursing experience in an emergency department.
- 3+ years of supervisory nursing experience in an Emergency Department.Progressive leadership experience required.
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners required.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position