Currently looking for experienced PICU Nurse Manager for an opening at Penn State Children's Hospital in Hershey, PA. Interested candidates must have at least 3+ years of leadership/supervisory experience in a pediatric critical care unit.
Responsibilities of the PICU Nurse Manager, Pediatric Intensive Care RN Manager
- The Nurse Manager, RN in the Pediatric ICU is responsible for evaluating, providing and improving nursing services for patients through efficient and effective planning, directing, coordinating and controlling of material and human resources.
- The Nurse Manager is considered the clinical expert on the unit and will be the mentor and collaborate with the educator for all staff nurses on the unit.
- The nurse manager participates in establishment and interpretation of philosophy, policies, objectives, procedures and lines of authority of hospital.
- Evaluates nursing service needs relative to the needs of patients. Maintains effective standards of patient and nursing care.
- Promotes the professional growth of all nursing service employees by providing opportunity for staff development programs, counseling and guidance program, opportunity for additional experience and encouraging advanced study.
- Selects candidates for vacant positions under his/her area/s of responsibility.
- Explains, interprets and enforces hospital standards and policies.
- Reviews performance requirements designated to each nursing position and update or make changes as necessary.
- Evaluates the work performance of the nursing employees under his/her direction.
Requirements of the PICU Nurse Manager, Pediatric Intensive Care RN Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
- 5 years of pediatric critical care nursing experience.
- 3+ years of leadership/supervisory experience in a pediatric critical care unit.
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position