Currently looking for experienced Pediatric CVOR RN's to fill multiple positions with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) at Stanford. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of CVOR experience. LPCH has a state-of-the-art 7 room Pediatric OR.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric CVOR RN, Pediatric Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
- Responsible for performing the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) and delivering safe therapeutic nursing care in consultation/collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the patient care team.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the ages of patients served in the CVOR.
- Possesses the ability to assess and interpret appropriate data relative to age and to provide nursing care as needed as described in the CVOR's policies and procedures: demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development through the life span; and possess an understanding of the range of treatments needed by patients.
Requirements of the Pediatric CVOR RN, Pediatric Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
- BSN Required.
- Current California RN License.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider BCLS and PALS certification.
- 2 years CVOR RN experience.
- Pediatric OR skills highly preferred.
- Candidate must be experienced in basic cases in the following services: general surgery, ENT, GYN, Urology, Neuro and Ortho. Familiarity with cases such as ENT airway emergencies, VP shunts, lap appys and ECMO a plus.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and support on the off-shift.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position