Currently looking for an experienced Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist to fill an opening with the Oncology Program at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 5 years recent clinical nursing experience in oncology and 2 years of teaching experience in classroom or clinical setting with experience in staff development preferred.
Responsibilities of the Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Priorities include nursing professional development, chemotherapy education and support system for oncology nurses.
- Collaborate and consult in the management of complex patient and family care by demonstrating clinical expertise in oncology through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge, competencies and practice.
- Utilize evidence-based practice, standards of care, and research to transform practice within the organization to enhance quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Foster professional performance, and influence health care initiatives to generate positive patient outcomes.
Requirements of the Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN licensure and CNS certification
- 5 years recent clinical nursing experience in oncology
- 2 years of teaching experience in classroom or clinical setting with experience in staff development preferred
- ONS Certification
- Current Chemotherapy & Biotherapy provider card
Compensation for the Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist
The salary for this position ranges from $125,000 - $135,000 depending on experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position