Currently looking for an experienced Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant, Hematology, Infusion or Oncology RN's to fill multiple positions with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH). Interested candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Pediatric Cancer treatment experience as an RN. LPCH's Bass Center is a premier cancer facility with a 15 bed inpatient unit as well as a 12 bed infusion center.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric Heme/Onc RN, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Registered Nurse
- Creates and maintains a climate conducive to healing through being present to the patient and family, identifying and managing discomforts; providing emotional support and information; guiding the patient and family through phases of illness and recovery/passage to death and in accordance with the patient’s goals and culture.
- Mobilizes the patient’s strengths and abilities towards participation in recovery and control over plan of care.
- Obtains accurate and relevant assessment data and interprets the data as normal vs abnormal. Determines nursing diagnosis. Monitors and evaluates data as frequently as needed based on stability.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and members of health care team to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Implements nursing and medical interventions safely.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and monitors patient for adverse responses and side effects.
- Assesses a patient’s and family’s learning needs and readiness to learn. Teaches needed information for self-care and illness prevention. Adjusts information and expectations based on responses from patient, developmental levels, physiological and psychological condition, and cultural variations.
- Ability to rapidly grasp problem situations and respond quickly and appropriately. Identifies the need for and activates emergency protocols.
Requirements of the Pediatric Heme/Onc RN, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Registered Nurse
- License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider BCLS and PALS certification.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in either Pediatric BMT, Hematology, Infusion and/or Oncology.
- ACLS preferred.
Compensation for the Pediatric Heme/Onc RN, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Registered Nurse
The salary for this position ranges from $66-77/Hr depending on experience.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position