Currently looking for an experienced NICU RN's to fill multiple positions with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH). Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of Neonatal Acute Care experience. LPCH's NICU is a 40- bed Level III nursery specializing in care for newborns, which includes the tiniest premature babies and critically ill neonatal infants with a variety of diagnoses and conditions, such as congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension, metabolic disorders and other congenital defects.
Responsibilities of the NICU RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery
- Creates and maintains a climate conducive to healing through being present to the patient and family, identifying and managing discomforts; providing emotional support and information; guiding the patient and family through phases of illness and recovery/passage to death and in accordance with the patient’s goals and culture.
- Mobilizes the patient’s strengths and abilities towards participation in recovery and control over plan of care.
- Obtains accurate and relevant assessment data and interprets the data as normal vs abnormal. Determines nursing diagnosis. Monitors and evaluates data as frequently as needed based on stability.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and members of health care team to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Implements nursing and medical interventions safely.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and monitors patient for adverse responses and side effects.
- Assesses a patient’s and family’s learning needs and readiness to learn. Teaches needed information for self-care and illness prevention. Adjusts information and expectations based on responses from patient, developmental levels, physiological and psychological condition, and cultural variations.
- Ability to rapidly grasp problem situations and respond quickly and appropriately. Identifies the need for and activates emergency protocols.
Requirements of the NICU RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery
- License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider BCLS and PALS certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of Neonatal Acute Care experience.
Compensation for the NICU RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery
The salary for this position ranges from $66-77/Hr depending on experience.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position