Currently looking for an experienced PICU Nurse Leader to fill the PICU Nurse Manager opening with Erlanger Health System. Interested candidates must have a minimum of three to five years of clinical PICU experience and evidence of leadership abilities.
Responsibilities of the PICU Nurse Manager, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- The Nurse Manager has 24-hour responsibility for a nursing unit which includes accountability for the quality of patient care, the performance of the nursing staff, the development and management of the budget, and the orientation, education, and development of the staff.
- Contributes to nursing and the medical center through support of philosophy and objectives and education efforts.
- Ability to continuously monitor the environment to determine if additional resources and/or assistance are needed to facilitate the patient flow. Insure that the unit is appropriately staff based on volume and acuity.
- Promote effective communication with physician groups to insure unit specific goals and appropriate patient outcomes are achieved.
- Promote strong working relations within the various departments within the health system to facilitate the needs of the patients in the most expeditious manner.
- Insure active listening of the staffs needs and concerns and develop a working plan that promotes growth, improvement and teamwork in the care of the patients.
- Insure that the area is maintained according to established standards and guidelines at all times.
- Identify areas of improvement and illicit staff ideas and assistance to develop a cost-effective approach while maintaining quality of care.
- Ability to assess, guide, promote, and challenge the entire staff in the delivery of exceptional quality care in the most efficient and expeditious manner.
Requirements of the PICU Nurse Manager, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN degree required (exception on approval from CNO for those presently enrolled).
- Three to five years clinical of PICU experience and evidence of leadership abilities.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the state of Tennessee. BLS required within 30 days of hire
- Working knowledge of pediatric intensive care procedures.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position