Currently looking for an experienced Nurse Leader to fill the Clinical Nurse Manager of the PACU, Extended Recovery and Pre-Op departments at City of Hope. Interested candidates must have a minimum of three years of nursing experience in a peri-anesthesia setting as well as previous experience in a Nursing Leadership position.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Manager - PACU, Extended Recovery and Pre-Op
- The Clinical Manager of Peri-Anesthesia (pre-anesthesia testing clinic, pre-op, PACU) is responsible for assisting the Perioperative Services Director in the operational and financial aspects of the departments 7 days/week, 24 hours a day.
- The peri-anesthesia areas provide service to patients undergoing surgical and endoscopy procedures receiving surgical, endoscopic, and radiological intervention.
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership for nursing staff by developing, implementing, and evaluating programs, services, procedures, and quality nursing standards to ensure exemplary care for patients undergoing invasive procedures at City of Hope during all hours of operation.
- The Clinical Nurse Manager provides input and is expected to meet budget, revenue and expense targets.
- Other aspects of this role include hiring and supervising employees, assigning work, coaching, evaluating performance, and completing corrective actions.
- The Clinical Nurse Manager is a positive leader with excellent people skills and nurturing of human resources, demonstrating transformational leadership by creating and sustaining a healthy work environment that supports, furthers and promotes excellence in patient care, critical nursing practice and patient safety in a highly collaborative interprofessional practice environment.
- This position will monitor and control resources (human and material) and provide excellent customer service.
- The manager will encourage higher learning/ professional development in staff by cultivating talent and supporting people in meeting their career goals.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Manager - PACU, Extended Recovery and Pre-Op
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of three years of nursing experience in a peri-anesthesia setting.
- Demonstrated a formal leadership role (leading, planning, evaluating nursing practices and operations).
- Req. Certification/Licensure: California RN license, American Heart Association BLS
- Pref. Certification/Licensure: CPAN, CAPA, or Oncology Nursing Society (preferred)
- Preferred Experience: Pre-op, PACU nursing experience
This is a management position
This is a full-time position