Currently looking for experienced BMT and/or Hematology Nurse Coordinators to fill multiple openings with City of Hope National Medical Center in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Interested candidates must have 3 years of experience as a BMT and/or Hematology Nurse Coordinator or Case Manager.
Responsibilities of the BMT Nurse Coordinator
- Coordinates patients on clinical protocols under the direction of the attending physician.
- Plans and coordinates all diagnostic testing, patient assessment, treatments and follow-up according to protocol guidelines.
- Interacts with patients and families to ensure study compliance, obtain information and assesses the need for psychosocial support. Assists patient and family in developing coping mechanisms.
- Functions as clinical resource and liaison to all members of health care team.
- Develops and or presents educational programs for patients, significant other, and staff related to specific program or departmental needs.
- Develops and participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate the program's effectiveness in meeting patient care and departmental needs.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships throughout the medical center.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
Requirements of the BMT Nurse Coordinator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required
- Current California RN License
- Current American Heart Association
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a BMT and/or Hematology Nurse Coordinator or Case Manager.
Compensation for the BMT Nurse Coordinator
The base salary for this position ranges from $110,000 - $135,000 depending on experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position