Currently looking for an experienced Nurse Leader to fill the Mother/Baby Unit Director opening with Emory Healthcare at their Midtown Campus in Atlanta, GA. Interested candidates must have at least 3 years of nurse leadership experience in an Mother/Baby unit.
Responsibilities of the Mother/Baby Unit Director
- Directs all aspects of management and ensures the provision of optimum patient care for a nursing unit; provides leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies, procedures, strategies, and services for the unit.
- Prepares, develops, and submits department budget to nursing administration for final approval.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with fiscal constraints and explains any variances.
- Directs the allocation of resources within selected areas through planning, budget process, analysis of statistical reports and other pertinent information.
- Directs and supervises nursing staff.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates continuous quality/ performance improvement to enhance clinical practice and administrative process.
- Ensures the competence of department staff and their understanding of policies and regulations pertaining to nursing services; oversees the provision of care, and monitors staff compliance with organizational and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and interprets departmental short and long term goals and objectives.
- Meets with other staff members to discuss progress and to develop future courses of action.
- Analyzes departmental strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and constraints.
- Identifies measurable objectives and monitors progress toward the achievement of specified goals in keeping with operational standards.
- Establishes, revises, administers and communicates policies, procedures and related forms in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines.
- Communicates and monitors compliance with regulatory, licensing and accreditation standards.
- Prepares staffing plan, reviews and approves work schedules to ensure adequate staff coverage around the clock.
- Projects staffing needs, interviews and hires employees to fill vacant positions; resolves staffing issues.
- Monitors patient care and analyzes nursing care patterns and initiates quality improvement procedures to enhance patient services; ensures a safe, therapeutic environment.
- Initiates patient placement to ensure the delivery of optimal nursing care and arranges for continuity of care when warranted by patient condition.
- Directs the provision of personalized, coordinated quality services responsive to changing health care trends.
- Coordinates and establishes nursing care practices; uses selected nursing practice theory as a framework for coordinating patient care and by providing theory based nursing practice information in unusual or complex patient care situations.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development. Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Maintains records on departmental personnel activities and processes.
- Uses information systems to retrieve, implement, and retain essential records and services.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality of management and clinical information.
- Actively participates in ongoing or ad hoc committees or task forces to identify and resolve patient care issues.
- Directs development of priority competencies (technical skills, critical thinking, human relations skills) for each type of staff on selected areas within a clinical service line.
- Supports clinical research and conducts or participates in studies to improve clinical, educational and organizational performance within the clinical service line.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements of the Mother/Baby Unit Director
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period.
- 3 years of Nurse Leadership experience in a Mother/Baby unit.
- Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This is a management position
This is a full-time position