Currently looking for an experienced Nurse Leader to fill the Clinical Nurse Manager - Women's Center & Diabetes Endocrine Metabolic Center position at City of Hope. Interested candidates must have 3-5 years of RN experience in Hematology and/or Oncology, Solid Tumor, Gynecologic Oncology or Breast Cancer as well as previous experience in a Nursing Leadership position.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Manager - Women's Center & Diabetes Endocrine Metabolic Center
- Responsible for aspects pertaining to operational activities within a designated grouping of clinics and/or infusion rooms on a 7-day/week, 24 hour basis in collaboration with the Clinical Director.
- Participate in the management of human and material resources as well as program planning and evaluation.
- Provide input and meet budget, revenue and expense targets.
- Supervise employees and hires, assigns work, coach, and train, evaluate performance, and complete disciplinary actions as needed.
- Individually works to ensure optimal delivery of care, as well as performance improvement initiatives, either through direct involvement and membership or by occasionally leading performance improvement team efforts.
- Able to actively participate with peers, subordinates, and supervisors in constructive problem solving, as well as to facilitate frequent team building interactions with staff.
- Establish teamwork and collaboration with physicians.
- Direct and provide oversight to all components of ambulatory nursing practice for designated areas.
- Ensures roles are established to support excellence in the patient experience and optimized clinic efficiency.
- Manage and implement departmental programs and goals that support the strategic plan for the organization and for patient care services
- Support departmental implementation of new technology and services.
- Establish standards for patient care to assure patient care is timely, safe and effective.
- Assure satisfaction of patients, physicians and other customers with care and services that are delivered.
- Develop and fosters collaborative relationships with other departments to support safe and high quality patient care and services.
- Assure regulatory standards are met.
- Measure performance of staff to meet regulatory and patient care standards.
- Report results of ongoing quality metrics as appropriate.
- Promote the utilization of evidence based practice in delivery of patient care.
- Recruit and maintain adequate numbers of competent staff to provide care and meet patient care standards.
- Facilitate the orientation of new staff and the continuing education and professional development of existing staff in collaboration with Department of Clinical Practice and Education.
- Assure staff have current licenses, certifications and are competent to provide care.
- Manage and lead staff to develop collaborative working relationships within department and with other departments as applicable.
- Collaborates with human resources to provide counseling or performance improvement of staff as needed.
- Develop, maintain and monitor staffing plan for assigned units.
- Support and develop staff to participate in (shared governance) at the unit and organizational level.
- Provides oversight and manages temporary (registry/traveler) staff that may be assigned to department(s).
- Develop annual budget for assigned department(s).
- Monitor variances from budget on a periodic basis.
- Collaborate with others to identify capital equipment and projects needs on an annual basis.
- Develops annual staffing plan and submits for approval.
- Identifies need for modifications to annual staffing plan and submits justification for new positions or changes to staffing plan.
- Submits required documents for purchasing equipment, supplies, and or for department repairs.
- Collaborates with director or VP in the development of ROI for new programs or services.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Manager - Women's Center & Diabetes Endocrine Metabolic Center
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
- 3-5 years of RN experience in Hematology and/or Oncology, Solid Tumor, Gynecologic Oncology or Breast Cancer as well as previous experience in a Nursing Leadership position.
- Current California RN license. Must obtain CA RN license within 90 days of start date.
- Oncology Nursing Society membership required, Oncology Certification (must be obtained within 2 years of hire date).
This is a management position
This is a full-time position