Currently looking for an experienced PICU and Pediatric CVICU RN's to fill multiple positions with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH). Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of acute care Pediatric experience. LPCH's Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) is a premier 20 bed Unit which has grown into a world-class comprehensive cardiac and cardiothoracic program.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric CVICU RN, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
- Creates and maintains a climate conducive to healing through being present to the patient and family, identifying and managing discomforts; providing emotional support and information; guiding the patient and family through phases of illness and recovery/passage to death and in accordance with the patient’s goals and culture.
- Mobilizes the patient’s strengths and abilities towards participation in recovery and control over plan of care.
- Obtains accurate and relevant assessment data and interprets the data as normal vs abnormal. Determines nursing diagnosis. Monitors and evaluates data as frequently as needed based on stability.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and members of health care team to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Implements nursing and medical interventions safely.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and monitors patient for adverse responses and side effects.
- Assesses a patient’s and family’s learning needs and readiness to learn. Teaches needed information for self-care and illness prevention. Adjusts information and expectations based on responses from patient, developmental levels, physiological and psychological condition, and cultural variations.
- Ability to rapidly grasp problem situations and respond quickly and appropriately. Identifies the need for and activates emergency protocols.
Requirements of the Pediatric CVICU RN, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
- License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider BCLS and PALS certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of acute care registered nursing experience in a pediatric unit.
- Pediatric Cardiac experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- CCRN preferred.
- ACLS preferred.
Compensation for the Pediatric CVICU RN, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
The salary for this position ranges from $66-77/Hr depending on experience.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position