Our recruitment firm has been retained by Beverly Community Hospital in Montebello, CA (Greater Los Angeles area) to find a full-time Director of Peri-Operative Services to oversee their Main Operating Room, PACU, Out-Patient Surgery Center, GI Lab and Sterile Processing Department. Interested Candidates must have prior Director-level experience in a peri-operative setting as well as a Masters Degree in either Business, Healthcare Administration or Nursing.
Responsibilities of the Director of Peri-Operative Services
- Assist in the determination of fiscal and human resources and assures that
- those resources are allocated for efficient and effective patient care.
- Collaborate with Administration, Clinical and/or Medical Staff when planning
- for coordinated services for patients.
- Continually evaluate and monitor patient care and the environment in which it
- is practiced to identify where improvement is needed.
- Create an open and accurate line of communication to facilitate a well
- functioning service
- Develop and direct training programs and competency program.
- Direct activities concerning staffing assignments and Surgical Services
- Direct and implement policies for hiring, promoting, transferring and
- discharging personnel.
- Direct nursing staff in age specific and multicultural principles to provide
- appropriate services development.
- Direct scheduling of Surgical/GI Lab procedures with time, space and
- equipment availability.
- Directs the orientation, education and evaluation of staff to ensure competency
- and quality patient care delivery.
- Maintain current practice and implement the policies and procedures to
- ensure compliance.
- Meet general performance standards of the position, including safety and
- infection control, fire and disaster preparedness.
- Oversee ongoing performance improvement program to ensure quality patient
- Participate in committee functions as a means of contributing to hospital and nursing service development.
Qualifications of the Director of Peri-Operative Services
- BSN required. MSN, MBA or MHA preferred.
- CNOR preferred.
- California RN license required.
- Prior Director-level experience in a peri-operative setting is required.
Compensation for the Director of Peri-Operative Services
This position offers a highly competitive base salary depending on experience as well as a comprehensive full benefits package.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position