Currently looking for an experienced Hematology Nurse to fill the Clinical Nurse Manager for Hematology Ambulatory Clinics position at City of Hope. Interested candidates must have 3-5 years of experience as an Hematology and/or Oncology Nurse as well as previous experience in a Nursing Leadership position.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Manager - Hematology Ambulatory Clinics
- The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for aspects pertaining to operational activities within a designated grouping of ambulatory clinics on a 7-day/week, 24 hour basis in collaboration with the Nursing Director.
- Manage and implement departmental programs and goals that support the strategic plan for the organization and for patient care services.
- Establish standards for patient care to assure patient care is timely, safe and effective.
- Assure satisfaction of patients, physicians and other customers with care and services that are delivered.
- Develop and fosters collaborative relationships with other departments to support safe and high quality patient care and services.
- Assure regulatory standards are met.
- Measure performance of staff to meet regulatory and patient care standards
- Report results of ongoing quality metrics as appropriate.
- Promote the utilization of evidence based practice in delivery of patient care.
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Recruit and maintain adequate numbers of competent staff to provide care and meet patient care standards.
- Facilitate the orientation of new staff and the continuing education and professional development of existing staff Assure staff have current licenses, certifications and are competent to provide care.
- Manage and lead staff to develop collaborative working relationships within department and with other departments as applicable.
- Collaborate with human resources to provide counseling or performance improvement of staff as needed.
- Develop, maintain and monitor staffing plan for assigned units.
- Support and develop staff to participate in (shared governance) at the unit and organizational level.
- Provide oversight and manage temporary (registry/traveler) staff that may be assigned to department(s).
- Develop annual budget for assigned department(s).
- Monitor variances from budget on a periodic basis and submits justifications as indicated.
- Collaborate with others to identify capital equipment and projects needs on an annual basis.
- Develop staffing plan, review annually for revisions for submission for approval.
- Submit required documents for purchasing equipment, supplies, and or for department repairs.
- Collaborates with director or VP in the development of ROI for new programs or services.
- Align unit projects and goals to Nursing Division goals and strategic plan as established by the nursing executive team. Committee/council and other project participation and policy review as assigned by the CNE. The nursing director reviews all objectives and results and final review and approval is made by the CNE.
- Address daily operational issues. Level 3 authority for expenditure of funds per hierarchy. Hiring of new staff.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Manager - Hematology Ambulatory Clinics
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 3-5 years of experience as an Hematology and/or Oncology Nurse as well as previous experience in a Nursing Leadership position.
- Current California RN license. Must obtain CA RN license within 90 days of start date.
- Oncology Nursing Society membership required, Oncology Certification (must be obtained within 2 years of hire date)
This is a management position
This is a full-time position