Currently looking for an experienced Cardiovascular Registered Nurse to fill an opening in the CVOR at Emory Healthcare St Joseph's Hospital. Interested candidates must have two years of CVOR experience.
Responsibilities of the RN, CVOR, Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
- Assists surgeons and nurses with patients, equipment preparation, aseptic technique, and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room for surgery by assembling routine supplies, materials, instruments, and equipment; obtains special supplies indicated by physician.
- Follows procedures for pre and post-operative accounting of sharps, sponges and instruments used in the surgical set up.
- Accountable for the care and handling of instruments and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of sterile surgical supplies to ensure immediate availability.
- Operates sterilization equipment for the proper sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Follows established sterilization policy and procedures.
- Assists in evaluating various products, supplies and equipment pertinent to the operating room.
- Assists in the preparation, transportation, and positioning of patients for surgery and provides for the physical comfort, safety and privacy during the intra-operative patient.
- Observes patient for symptoms which may indicate a change in condition; reports significant observations to the appropriate member of the medical team for immediate attention.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the principles of sterile technique and infection control; practices appropriate procedures to maintain a sterile environment.
- Appropriately cleans surgical instruments and equipment.
- Prepares tissue and other specimens for laboratory analyses.
- Documents the nursing process accurately and in the appropriate format (e.g. computer, clinical pathway, chart).
- Revises and evaluates effectiveness of patient care documentation.
Requirements of the RN, CVOR, Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- 24 months of recent CVOR RN experience within the past five years.
- BLS certification required and ACLS.
Compensation for the RN, CVOR, Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
The starting salary for this position ranges from $29 - $46 per hour depending on experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position