Currently looking for an experienced Surgical Tech to fill an opening in the CVOR at Emory Healthcare St Joseph's Hospital. Interested candidates must be certified as a surgical technician or have two years of experience in lieu of certification.
Responsibilities of the Surgical Tech, CVOR & Robotics
- Assists surgeons and nurses with patients, equipment preparation, aseptic technique, and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room for surgery by assembling routine supplies, materials, instruments, and equipment; obtains special supplies indicated by physician.
- Follows procedures for pre and post-operative accounting of sharps, sponges and instruments used in the surgical set up.
- Accountable for the care and handling of instruments and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of sterile surgical supplies to ensure immediate availability.
- Operates sterilization equipment for the proper sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Follows established sterilization policy and procedures.
- Assists in evaluating various products, supplies and equipment pertinent to the operating room.
- Assists in the preparation, transportation, and positioning of patients for surgery and provides for the physical comfort, safety and privacy during the intra-operative patient.
- Observes patient for symptoms which may indicate a change in condition; reports significant observations to the appropriate member of the medical team for immediate attention.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the principles of sterile technique and infection control; practices appropriate procedures to maintain a sterile environment.
- Appropriately cleans surgical instruments and equipment.
- Prepares tissue and other specimens for laboratory analyses.
Requirements of the Surgical Tech, CVOR & Robotics
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a surgical technician training program or equivalent job training.
- Certified as a surgical technician or have two years of experience in lieu of certification.
- Heartsaver certification required.
Compensation for the Surgical Tech, CVOR & Robotics
The starting salary for this position ranges from $18 - $28 per hour depending on experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position