Currently looking for an experienced Critical Care Nurse Leader to fill the Nurse Manager opening in the Medical Intensive Care Unit at a major academic medical center based in New York City. Interested candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (Masters in Nursing strongly preferred), a current New York State RN license, current BLS certification with the American Heart Association and at least 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience in a critical care unit.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager Medical Intensive Care Unit, MICU
- Provide and integrate clinical leadership and management of the Medical Intensive Care Unit on a twenty four hour basis.
- Develop and sustain an environment of excellence in patient/family service, growth and development of staff, and application of evidenced-based practice.
- Effectively interact with family and patients and resolve concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
- Collect, analyze and use data to drive practice changes that integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promote patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Manage the unit budget with consideration to appropriate staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient use of resources.
- Identify, investigate and proactively respond to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Provide a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care delivery.
- Provide leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Participate in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality improvement programs and cultivate an environment that promotes patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent clinical patient outcomes.
- Develop and implement action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents and complaints.
- Establish and maintain a unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the service and departmental program and organizational goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired patient and staff outcomes.
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the institution.
Requirements of the Nurse Manager Medical Intensive Care Unit, MICU
- Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree in Nursing or health-related area preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience in a critical care unit.
- Demonstrated in a leadership position or demonstrates the potential for leadership competency.
- Ability to develop, guide, motivate, nurture, and coach others.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position