Currently looking for experienced Critical Care and/or Cardiovascular Pediatric Nurse Practitioners to fill multiple openings with Stanford Children's Health. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years prior experience as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in an Acute Care setting.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, CVICU, Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit NP
- Provide routine care and management to cardiac patients, in collaboration with the supervising physician and through implementation of standardized procedures.
- Obtain complete histories and perform pertinent physical exams with assessment of normal and abnormal findings on new and return patients.
- Perform or request and evaluate diagnostic studies as indicated upon evaluation of the patient.
- Administer, order, furnish and prescribe medications.
- Order and collect specimens for routine laboratory tests, screening procedures and therapeutic procedures, including blood and blood products.
- Order physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, radiology examinations and nursing services.
- Initiate arrangements for hospital admissions and discharges and complete appropriate paperwork.
- As directed by the supervising physician, enroll patients in investigational studies approved by the Investigational Review Board (IRB), and order the necessary tests and medications.
- Effectively communicate and interact with patients, families, staff and members of the community from diverse backgrounds.
- Facilitate the coordination of outpatient care and services as needed.
- Facilitate collaboration between providers and coordination of community resources.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide and coordinate patient teaching and counseling.
Requirements of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, CVICU, Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit NP
- Master’s or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Graduate of an NP program accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of California.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the State of California.
- National Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) from an agency accredited by the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS).
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Furnishing license issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Experience as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in an Acute Care setting is preferred.
Compensation for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, CVICU, Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit NP
The salary for this position ranges from $140,000 - $200,000 depending on experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position