Currently looking for an experienced Clinical Pediatric Pharmacist to fill a night-shift opening at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. Interested candidates must have at least 2-3 years of inpatient experience as a pediatric pharmacist.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Pediatric Pharmacist
- Supervision of pharmacy technicians.
- Sterile and non-sterile product preparation.
- Management and control of controlled substances.
- Response to emergency responses requiring a licensed pharmacist (Rapid Response, Code Blue Resuscitation).
- Will be available for education, consultation.
- Will interface with physician and other team members on pediatric rounds and in team conferences.
- Ensure that medications are dispensed efficiently on a routine basis and are available immediately for use in emergencies.
Requirements of the Clinical Pediatric Pharmacist
- Education: Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Education: Completion of a PGY-1 ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency program.
- Experience: Three (3) years hospital pharmacy experience or two (2) years of hospital pharmacy experience and completion of a PGY-1 ASHP Pharmacy or completion of a PGY-1 or PGY-2 ASHP accredited Pediatric Pharmacy residency with one (1) year of experience.
- Licensure/ Certification: PRM-CA - Licensed as a Pharmacist by the California Board of Pharmacy.
- License/Certification: Within one (1) month of hire - BLS Basic Life Support.
- Must be willing to work night-shift.
Compensation for the Clinical Pediatric Pharmacist
The base salary for this position ranges from $165k-$200k depending on experience plus a 25% night-shift differential.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position