As a member Sea Shadows Inn Management LLC, the Line Cook at 5200 Restaurant & Lounge will interact with food and beverage management and staff, to ensure a world class guest experience by providing consistent and thorough kitchen and food preparation, presentation and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service
- Execute an efficient meal period with appropriate recipes, techniques, quality control, and presentation
- Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
- Check POS printer at the workstation; ensure that it is in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Chef(s) of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef(s) to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Fill in as cook in other stations or dishwasher as needed
EDUCATION, MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2 years of experience in a fast-paced kitchen preferred, within a refine dining environment ideal
- Desire to keep abreast of food and beverage trends
- Ability to obtain CA Food Handler Permit within 30 days of hire
- Ability to communication, infer, read materials and recipes in English and/or Spanish
- Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions on a regular basis
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time on varying ground levels with stairs on a regular basis
- Requires repetitive motions such as grasping, listening, hearing and visual acuity
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis, and be able to bend, stoop, stretch, climb and squat frequently to fulfill a range of manual tasks
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working within a well-lit and medium sized work space and may occasionally be exposed to outside weather. Business levels may require a fast work pace within a humid, warm, and odorous cooking environment. Frequently exposed to colder refrigerator, freezer, and storeroom temperatures for short periods of time as well as slippery floors and hot grease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ABOUT US: Situated on 37 oceanfront acres draped in cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, Heritage House Resort & Spa is truly paradise on the Pacific. Our award-winning resort is more than a place to work. It is an opportunity to connect with people and nature. As an employee, you'll enjoy working with a team of hospitality professionals who are dedicated to welcoming and sharing this special place with our guests.
This is a full time position