Do you enjoy history, animals, and helping people? Are you interested in working within the beautiful coastal environment Heritage House Resort & Spa offers? Consider applying for our Porter position to experience this magical place.
As a member of Sea Shadows Inn Management LLC, the Porter will provide the highest level of bell service to Heritage House Resort & Spa guests on property to ensure a high-quality, seamless, courteous and exceptional experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist guests with bell hop services in reception and to their guest room during check in and check
- Deliver items to guests as needed
- Work together with your team to support the guest experience
- Be a team player and advocate for Heritage House
- Maintain a positive attitude and helpful nature
- Stay abreast of tariffs, packages, and discounts pertaining to guests
- Maintain knowledge of the Reservations department, making same day reservation changes and future reservations when necessary
- Be aware of cancellation and other pertinent guest policies
- Assist with issuing room key and instructions to guests at arrival
- Develop detailed knowledge of the staff, departments, the services they provide and their hours of operation
- Promptly notify Housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, stay overs and special requests
- Answer inquiries pertaining to on property and locals services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, attractions, and travel directions
- Keep record of room availability and guest accounts
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and push, and reach with hands and arms, repetitive use of computer and phones
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working within a variety of environments including well-lit indoor settings and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT US: Situated on 37 oceanfront acres draped in cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, Heritage House Resort & Spa is truly paradise on the Pacific. Our award-winning resort is more than a place to work. It is an opportunity to connect with people and nature. As an employee, you'll enjoy working with a team of hospitality professionals who are dedicated to welcoming and sharing this special place with our guests.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Heritage House Resort and Spa