Do you enjoy history, animals, and connecting with people? Are you interested in working within the beautiful coastal environment Heritage House Resort & Spa offers? Consider applying for our Guest Service Agent position to experience this magical place within our historical Reception building that was built in 1877.
As a member of Sea Shadows Inn Management LLC, the Guest Services Agent for Heritage House Resort & Spa will work directly with the team, and guests, to ensure a world class guest experience by providing courteous, consistent, and efficient services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stay abreast of tariffs, packages, and discounts pertaining to guests
- Maintain knowledge of the Reservations department, making same day reservations and future reservations when necessary
- Be aware of cancellation and other pertinent reservation’s policies
- Issue room key and instructions to guests at arrival
- Develop detailed knowledge of the staff, departments, the services they provide and their hours of operation
- Promptly notify Housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, stay overs and special requests
- Understand and use proper mail, package, and message handling procedures
- Transmit and receive telephone messages, use proper telephone etiquette
- Answer inquiries pertaining to on property and locals services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, attractions, and travel directions
- Keep record of room availability and guest accounts
- Handle guest check-ins and outs in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner
- Provide concierge services for guests as requested
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and push, and reach with hands and arms, repetitive use of computer and phones
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working within a well-lit indoor office setting. Employees may be occasionally exposed to outside weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT US: Situated on 37 oceanfront acres draped in cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, Heritage House Resort & Spa is truly paradise on the Pacific. Our award-winning resort is more than a place to work. It is an opportunity to connect with people and nature. As an employee, you'll enjoy working with a team of hospitality professionals who are dedicated to welcoming and sharing this special place with our guests.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Heritage House Resort and Spa