Do you have a passion for supporting youth to reach their full potential?
Are you looking for a flexible part-time position that works with your school or work schedule?
Do you enjoy working in a continuous learning environment that promotes successful outcomes for both residents and staff?
Consider a career with Positive Alternatives at our Amery Group Home fuel your passion of helping others by supporting today's youth for future success.
As a Youth Residential Counselor, you will facilitate a positive environment for residents by offering support and encouragement through understanding of other's perspectives and by truly caring about the success of youth. You will work alongside residents to support achievement of treatment goals through engagement in healthy and productive daily activities by doing the following:
- Leading daily programming activities and promoting positive participation
- Responding to critical resident needs as they arise
- Participate in developing and maintaining a therapeutic, safe and clean environment
- Actively participating in house and team meetings
- Attending initial and ongoing training sessions
As a residential youth counselor you will enjoy these benefits:
- Initial and continuous training
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive starting wage - $15 per hour
- Retirement planning
- Employee assistance program
Some of the requirements of the position include:
- Current student or graduate with a degree in human services, behavioral counseling, criminal justice, or a related field
- Previous experience working with an adolescent population preferred
- Education relating to the care and treatment of youth preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to type and document daily activities
The minimum shift requirement is two shifts per week to include a minimum of four weekend shifts per month (minimum hours per week 16 - 20). Additional shifts may be available for individuals interested in working additional hours above the minimum requirement. Typical shifts for this position include:
- Weekdays - 3pm to 10pm or 4pm to midnight
- Weekends - 8am to 4pm, 4pm to midnight, and midnight to 8am
- Holidays (rotation) - 8am to 4pm, 4pm to midnight, and midnight to 8am
Since 1974 our goal has been to continually look for innovative and creative programs to benefit youth, the community, and the counties that we service. These services are driven by our current mission statement: “Through a continuum of family and strength based services Positive Alternatives strives to equip at risk youth and young adults with the social, emotional and developmental skills needed to flourish.”
Positive Alternatives is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, offers a Drug Free Workplace, and is a United Way partner agency.
Department: Group Home
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs